Purpose: The Administrative Coordinator will serve as a member of the Synod Mission Team providing administrative coordination for members of the Mission Team and ensuring the effective and seamless work of the mission and ministry of the Synod. This position will be responsible for supporting logistics, communication and administrative coordination of Synod programs and governance functions, including those which support the ecclesial work of the Stated Clerk.
- To support and coordinate the tools necessary for Mission Team members to carry out their work including all digital tools for scheduling and communications.
- To support all information technology needs of the Synod.
- To serve as a full and contributing participant and member of the Mission Team.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Synod Leader.
- To support and coordinate integrated central phone and information storage programs.
- To coordinate the various communications programs of the Synod including Synod wide electronic newsletters/e-blasts, web site, and social media.
- To provide support in developing reports of the ongoing activities of the Synod with special attention to promoting the core values of the Synod and best practices of our mission partners.
- To maintain a consistent branding of the Synod through the various forms of media used.
- To support communications strategies for Synod wide events in partnership with other staff and the Synod Leader, with an emphasis on supporting the mission, values, and goals of the Synod.
- To effectively research venue options and to manage contracts for Synod events.
- To effectively manage registrations for Synod events utilizing the latest digital tools.
- To provide onsite support for Synod events as requested by the Synod Leader.
GOVERNANCE AND ECCLESIAL SUPPORT:
- To serve as the confidential first line of support for the work of the Stated Clerk.
- To provide communications and logistical support for the work of the Synod’s Mission and Ministries Commission including its working groups and committees.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to function as a full member of the Mission Team
- Excellence in verbal, written, and electronic communications including design and layout of promotional and other communication materials
- In depth knowledge of communication tools including those used in electronic newsletters, websites, and social media
- Willingness to work as a team member in a highly dynamic work environment
- Listening and distilling skills working with grant and funding applicants
- Experience, training and/or willingness to learn additional skills as needed
- Knowledge and/or experience in event planning
- Willingness to be “on the move” throughout the Synod region
- Experience working with volunteers in organizations
- Experience and knowledge of PC(USA) structure preferably a member of a PC(USA) congregation or one of its Formula of Agreement partners
- Intercultural competency
- Commitment to work collaboratively and collegially with individuals, churches, and/or presbyteries, as well as Synod staff
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work with minimum supervision
- Willing to live within the bounds of the Synod of the Northeast
- Maturity and vital faith
- High energy
- Self-assurance and awareness
- Capacity to work “on the go”
- Pioneering mentality entrepreneurship
The Administrative Coordinator will be accountable to and supervised by the Synod Leader.
This is a full-time deployed and exempt position – salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
Please send letters of interest and resumes to the Rev. Dr. Harold M. Delhagen